Our 4 month session of beginner classes is dedicated to new members only, so you are not mixed with regular members. This allows for specific instruction and you learn as a group. All those new to our club, regardless of previous martial arts training, are required to start in our beginner classes, unless you have previous training under the ISKF or JKA.
We practice traditional karate emphasizing mental and physical discipline and development. We do not hit or make physical contact with another person with the intent to injure or harm. However, as in any martial or combative art, contact will occur with another person as a part of our normal training regime or in a tournament, e.g. by blocking, holding or otherwise, and injury may occur unintentionally or by accident. We stress control of techniques. While we offer the opportunity to participate in tournaments, competition is not required or mandatory as a part of belt advancement.
Interested in trying classes?
- First two (2) classes are free to try.
- Come wearing comfortable workout clothing.
- Send us an e-mail to let us know that you are planning to try the class or ask any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-registration: Please print and complete by hand this Registration Form [PDF] and email it to: email@example.com. You must also bring it to your class. You cannot train unless you the complete form.
- Classes take place at the King's College gymnasium building, off Coburg Road, Halifax, downstairs in the Aerobic/Fitness Centre.
- the uniform (gi) may be purchased through the dojo, usually after a month of classes.
We offer two types of beginner classes:
1. Adult-Teen Classes
Adult-teen beginner classes ages 13 and older on Saturdays 11:30am-12:30 pm starting onJan. 20, 2018.
Fee: $65 per person for the entire 4 months
After the first term of classes, the member is integrated into our regular intermediate classes at the standard fees of $65 per teenager/student and $110 for an adult per each 4 month term.
2. Parent and Youth Classes-Next session is Sept. , 2018.
We offer beginner classes for youth (7-12 years) with the opportunity for parent(s) or adult family member to train with the youth on Saturdays 9:00 am-10:00 am. Classes are designed to be fun while learning self-defence, physical conditioning and developing focus of mind and body. We teach non contact karate. Parents are encouraged to participate with your child. Due to the popularity of this class, we often can only offer it once a year in September.
You can preregister by completing the on-line Registration Form [PDF], and email it to: dal firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no obligation for any fees until after the first two classes. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Fees: $65 per child
Family of 2 (1 adult 1child) - $120 and $30 for each additional family member.
Following the 4 month session, the members are integrated into our regular kids and parent-kids classes on Saturdays at 9am. Please see the Members section for the complete fee schedule for the classes following the beginner session.
* If you have further questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com