Our 4 month session of beginner classes is dedicated to new members only, so you are not mixed with regular members. This allows for specific instruction and you learn as a group. All those new to our club, regardless of previous martial arts training , are required to start in our beginner classes.
Interested in trying classes?
- First two (2) classes are free to try.
- Just come wearing comfortable workout clothing.
- Please complete the on-line Registration Form [PDF] ( click here) and bring it to your class. You cannot train unless you the complete form.
- Send us an e-mail to let us know that you are coming or ask any questions at dal firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classes take place at the King's College gymnasium building, off Coburg Road, Halifax, downstairs in the Aerobic/Fitness Centre.
We offer two types of classes:
1. Adult-Teen Classes
Adult-teen beginner classes ages 13 and older on Saturdays 11:30am-12:30 pm starting on Sept. 16, 2017.
Fee: $65 per person for the entire 4 months
After the first term of classes, the member is integrated into our regular intermediate classes at the standard fees of $65 per teenager/student and $110 for an adult per each 4 month term.
2. Parent and Youth Classes-Next session is Sept. 16, 2017.
We offer beginner classes for youth (7-12 years) with the opportunity for parent(s) or adult family member to train with the youth on Saturdays 9:00 am-10:00 am. Classes are designed to be fun yet while learning self-defence, physical conditioning and developing focus of mind and body. We teach non contact karate. Parents are encouraged to participate with your child. Due to the popularity of this class, we often can only offer it once a year in September . Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Fees: $65 per child
Family of 2 (1 adult 1child) - $120 and $30 for each additional family member.
Following the 4 month session, the members are integrated into our regular kids and parent-kids classes on Saturdays at 9am. Please see the Members section for the complete fee schedule for the classes following the beginner session.
* If you have further questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com